Sunday, January 29, 2012

Six generations

It's quite shocking how unsentimental I am most of the time. So when I inherit something of significance, something I find significant, I know it's a very special gift. My mom recently passed this quilt on to Eden. The quilt had been sitting in a closet for about forty years at my grandmother's house, ripped and unraveled.


As a gift to Eden, my mom restored the damage, strengthening the binding and adding to the generations of women who have had their hands in this piece of history.

It was my great great grandmother who started this process. And now passed on through six generations of women, Eden becomes the next keeper. I hope she learns to recognize this quilt as a symbol of the value and honor of being part of this long line of strong women.

1 comment: