Monday, January 30, 2012

Knitting and crocheting

I attempted my first sweater several years ago for my friend Eva's first baby girl. Since then I have crocheted three more following this pattern found here on Drops Design:

When I decided to make one for my own daughter I translated the pattern into knit. I prefer the look of knit and had limited yarn to work with (knitting always uses much less yarn than crocheting) so by following the measurements from the pattern, I was able to create this sweater.

I finished the edges with several rows of crochet around the sleeves, bottom and inside flaps and completed the look by attaching varying sizes of crocheted circles.

Now I just have to wait until Eden fits.

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you converted a pattern from crochet into knit. you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing in all ways! how you made that bby Eden especially!

    ReplyDelete