Monday, March 12, 2012

9 events of my twenties

The decade of my twenties is almost over. The last ten years were full of pain and challenges but more importantly wisdom, joy, and faith, ultimately becoming a very remarkable decade.

1.Central America. In college I spent four months living and traveling around Honduras. The time spent studying the culture, politics, and history of Central America became pivotal in shaping who I am as a global citizen of this world.

2. Marriage. Almost six years ago I entered into a marriage partnership with Jason. Marriage, more than anything else, has grown and shaped me into the person I want to be.

3. Kizzy and Oscar. As our first two members of the Fileta/McMinn clan, our cats have taught me how extremely rewarding sharing life with animals can be. Click here if you need proof.

4. Veganism. Among the best decisions I have made in my twenties, veganism allows me to live a life full of compassion, health, and tofu.

5. Egypt. Jason and I spent almost a month exploring his roots while walking the streets of Cairo, visiting wonders of the world, and climbing Mount Sinai in the middle of the night.

6. Tattoos. Not necessarily life changing,
but three permanent reminders of my twenties.

7. Culinary School. Perhaps not the right choice, but I did it nonetheless and as I grow into my thirties I am interested to see if and how this decision shapes my career.

8. Swede. As the fifth member to the Fileta/McMinn family, Swede has added joy, companionship,and love while fulfilling my life long dream of living with and caring for a dog.

9. Eden. The 6th member of our family and showing up just two months before this decade came to an end, Eden has been the greatest accomplishment of my young life.

No comments:

Post a Comment