Monday, February 27, 2012

35 days of motherhood

It's hard not to be totally in love, just look at her. The last 5 weeks have gone so fast, and yet I hardly remember a life before this one. Eden becomes more herself and less an attachment of myself as she develops a very sweet, sometimes nervous nature. I am still falling quite naturally into this new, much different identity as mother and for the first time in at least fifteen years I am gifted with time which I savor moment by moment (as much as I can). Even in the sleepless hours of the nights and during periods of inconsolable crying, I find myself grabbing hold of each moment as it fades into the next. It's not all perfect, I'm sure. But as these early days turn into memories the hard, tired feelings disappear and the wonderment is all that remains.

1 comment: